Tensar® Uniaxial (RE) Geogrids
- Developed for soil reinforcement in wall and slope applications
- Most advanced geosynthetic made for soil reinforcement
- Made from select grades of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) resins
- Highly oriented polymer structure to resist elongation (creep) under sustained tensile loads
- Resistant to installation damage and chemical or biological long-term degradation
Tensar uniaxial geogrids can carry high tensile loads applied in one direction (along the roll length). Their open aperture structure interlocks with fill material, to provide superior load transfer from the soil to the geogrid.
Tensar RE uniaxial geogrids achieve their strength by punching and drawing a homogenous polymer sheet to provide a uniform, consistent product that does not require weaving, coating or welding to maintain the product’s integrity. This unique process provides superior junction strength, allowing high-strength connections to other rolls of geogrid or facing components.
Uniaxial vs biaxial geogrids
Uniaxial geogrids offer strength mainly in one direction (along the roll length) with just enough strength in the other direction to support the open aperture structure, whereas biaxial geogrids provide high strength in two directions due to their bidirectional grid structure.
Tensar Uniaxial (RE) geogrid is available in six grades: RE510, RE520, RE540, RE560, RE570 and RE580.