Tensar® Basetex® Geotextile
- High-strength polyester geotextile for soil stabilisation and reinforcement applications
- Available in quality control strengths up to 1200kn/m
- Durable and suitable for design life of up to 120 years
- Proven for use in embankment foundations & sloping soil reinforcement
- used in multiple projects across the globe.
In cases where embankments must be constructed over soft soils, or where ground may contain subterranean voids which are prone to subsidence, there may be a requirement for high-strength geotextile soil reinforcement. Tensar’s Basetex range of high-strength geotextiles is designed to offer the strength necessary to provide stability for years to come.
Manufactured using a weft-insertion process, the Basetex geotextile soil reinforcement range possesses quality-control strength up to 1200kN/m (longitudinal direction) and 50kN/m or 100kN/m (transverse direction). The load-bearing yarns are 100% high-tenacity polyester and provide excellent creep performance and high tensile modulus.