Application Technology Manager, Stabilisation Systems, Eastern Hemisphere.
To improve Tensar’s market position for Stabilisation applications with a primary emphasis on increasing TriAx sales in the Eastern Hemisphere territory (Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific & Russia).
To do this by providing an expert technical and application point of contact for sales teams in these areas, developing the technical aspects of the value proposition of new products and systems, enhancing the technical aspects of value proposition of existing products and systems, exploring and developing new applications and markets for multiaxial grids, collaborating with others to identify the needs of customers in each market sector and actively participating in the development and promotion of new business opportunities.
NOTE: Pavement Optimisation applications and sales are excluded from Stabilisation Systems and do not form part of the responsibilities of the jobholder but a knowledge of this technology is expected to assist with enquiries as required.
- In close conjunction with the Director of Technology and the TriAx Product Manager, and with input from International Business Managers, Technology team, Marketing, Finance, etc., development of strategy and action plans for Stabilisation applications and systems across Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Russia (EMEAR) and Asia Pacific (APAC) territories that will meet corporate objectives and tie-in with Tensar International Corporation (TIC) global Sales and Marketing strategies.
- Identify, with collaboration from the Product Manager, Sales and Marketing Teams, areas of threat from competitive offerings and propose strategies to combat, such as R&D, marketing, cost analysis, technical etc. and ensure that the EMEAR and APAC sales teams and our Distributors have a clear understanding of the economic as well as technical benefits of our systems in local markets and a can convey the advantages offered over competitors to these to customers.
- Organise and where necessary conduct original research to budgets and within acceptable timescales with industry and academic institutions to develop new applications and enhance/support the selling proposition of existing products and applications, including production of reports and papers (see 8 & 9) and internal resources.
- Act as first point of contact within Technology team for providing high-level expert technical and application assistance for agreed territories and mentoring advice to Sales and Design teams for stabilisation applications to identify high value opportunities and enhance selling propositions. “Day-to-day” technical support to commercial teams and ACEs to be provided by others.
- Prepare commercial and higher-level technical documents and give presentations to high-level decision-makers in support of regional and country specification development and System/Product Approvals for existing and new applications.
- Develop and maintain concise, technically viable, selling propositions and PR for all Stabilisation systems and applications by market and target audience. Communicate these propositions, conjunction with the Marketing Department (in the form of standard presentations, summaries, etc.) to sales and distribution.
- Identify new market opportunities, in conjunction with Business Development Managers develop strategies and implement action plans to exploit these opportunities and communicate to grow sales. Work with Business Development Managers to develop sales at higher level in existing and developing markets.
- Prepare and present as author or co-author higher level technical papers for journals and/or conferences in support of new applications, specification development and system/product acceptance.
- Agree with regional directors a plan for participating in actively in relevant trade association meetings, conferences (including production of academic and commercial papers, collaboration with industry/academic partners), etc. to support the industry interests of Tensar and executing plan.
- In close conjunction with TriAx Product Manager, train ACEs, design team, and other technical support staff on technical aspects of Stabilisation applications and systems.
- Analyse and report monthly on stabilisation product profitability and success, identifying areas of concern for action to improve sales.
- Prepare annual research/expense budget proposal for AOP for Stabilisation Applications in collaboration with Regional Managers and regional requirements. Monitor progress and quarterly revise further action plans in line with business needs.
- On agreed territories act as first Technology Department contact person for Sales and Design Teams including revision of technical documents (AS/TS/DS) from Design Department and Area Civil Engineers to ensure commercial and technical competency is preserved and relayed clients and, in conjunction with Design Services Manager and Design staff, ensure that technical adequacy of proposal is maintained.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills (take ideas on board quickly, identify key issues, digest and handle large quantities of information).
- Organisational skills (excellent administrative skills and able to work on different projects to several deadlines).
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a civil / transportation engineering or geotechnics.
- PhD degree in engineering would be valuable additional advantage for this role.
- Some previous exposure to consulting and construction sector and ideally min. 5 years design experiences with ‘performance specification’ type projects.
- National Professional Eng. certificate or Chartered Eng. certificate to be able verify and sign designs related to stabilization.
- Technical publications with at least one Scopus or WoS (Web of Science) indexed publication.
- Experience within projects managed internationally and cross-territory.
- Fluent in English is a must. A second European language would be also an advantage.
- Driving licence.
- Strong IT skills including MS Office, use of databases, spreadsheets and presentation software. Experience with specialized geotechnical and/or FEM (Finite Element Method) software will be additional advantage.
- Financial awareness and an understanding of what factors influence revenue and EBITDA.
- Extensive knowledge of other Tensar products and Applications to be able to give wider advice and assistance with other areas (grade separation, pavement optimisation, stratum and erosion control) if required.
Applications can be made using this link
National Pavement Engineer (NPE) based in the UK.
The principal function of this position is to identify and, via Tensar’s team of Area Civil Engineers, convert opportunities utilising elements of highway & pavement design on projects using Tensar’s unique research-based application and associated design methodologies to deliver a value engineered solution.
The role is part-technical and part-commercial and would suit someone wanting to have ownership of both disciplines for the global leader in geosynthetics.
The NPE role is part of a larger commercial team and is responsible for working closely with and assisting colleagues to maximise potential
commercial opportunities across the UK.
The NPE would be expected to be directly involved in the development of the pavement optimisation (PO) business in the UK and Ireland and apply their knowledge to identify key targets to introduce and promote the benefits of PO and address any specific barriers encountered.
In this role you will work alongside Tensar’s Pavement Technology Manager to promote solutions through a value engineering management process.
You will be required to manage the day-to-day coordination and review of design documentation for projects, manage design workflow including compiling relevant reports and managing a large number of stakeholders for whom you will be their main point of contact and be able to provide direction and guidance as well as explaining the concept and the nature of the Tensar PO system.
You will lead with specification selling and be able to support the commercial team in defending specification designs by illustrating the cost, time, environmental and health and safety benefits of the Tensar solution.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the industry with demonstrable experience in the technical support of projects and be conversant with the standards that apply.
We are looking for an ambitious team player with strong development skills who wishes to lead in the development of innovative, cost effective and buildable solutions in an environment that is truly collaborative, stimulating and demanding.
Applications can be made using this link
Senior Design Engineer
A vacancy for a Senior Design Engineer has now arisen to join the UK Design Team. The successful candidate will provide all design aspects of solutions using Tensar geogrid in the UK and internationally. These solutions comprise feasibility assessment, detailed design, working drawings, specification, quantity estimate and geogrid material supply with professional indemnity insurance support.
The successful candidate should be a Civil/Geotechnical Engineer with at least 6 to 7 years’ experience of geotechnical design work. Experience of slope stability assessment and retaining wall design, plus experience of Transport Sector including pavement design (ideally Highways sector) is desirable. Prior experience with geosynthetics’ design is preferable but not essential as appropriate training will be provided. Good interpersonal skills are essential. Experience with standard computer programmes and AutoCAD is also necessary as there will be a requirement for hands-on involvement in the provision of solutions within a collaborative team environment. The UK design office is central to the sales support and the ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure is of paramount importance.
This is an opportunity to join a World Leading Geosynthetics Company that successfully operates in all parts of the world.
Closing date: 31st August, 2018
Applications should be made here
Area Sales Manager, Spain & Portugal
- Through the development and implementation strategic and tactical plans, deliver or exceed the agreed financial objectives.
- Implement sales and marketing strategies which enable the company and its distributors to grow their business in existing and new markets.
- Build a strong partnership of collaboration and trust with channel partners and jointly identify new market opportunities for Tensar’s value propositions.
- Ensure the Company has the appropriate processes and systems in place, for the area of responsibility, to monitor and control its operations effectively and achieve its financial targets.
- Managing, developing and training the distribution channel in the area of responsibility.
- Provide support to distributors to promote, specify, quote and sell to projects
- Monitor project progress and provide on-site support as necessary
- Provide sales forecast and project leads report
- Based in Madrid
Application can be made using this link