Housing and Residential
Rapid retaining walls
Embankments and retaining walls can really help maximise the land space available. Our TensarTech Earth Retaining Systems can offer several benefits over traditional methods:
- With no specialist construction skills needed, the system is easy and quick to install and can reduce build times and costs
- The combination of modular concrete blocks and reinforcing geogrids is durable and strong and can offer a certified design life of up to 120 years
- High retaining walls can usually be built without major foundations, crane lifts or shuttering saving on cost and material available
Creating a stable base to roads
Weak or variable ground can present a considerable challenge in road construction. But creating a mechanically stabilised layer using Tensar geogrids can produce significant cost, time and environmental benefits.
- Capping and sub-base layers can be reduced up to 50% with no performance loss, reducing fill material and excavation costs, time on site and construction CO2emissions
- Differential settlement on variable ground or brownfield sites can be controlled using layers of geogrids to create a flexurally stiff platform
- Geogrids can be used to improve site access and increase the bearing capacity of working platforms for tracked plant, increasing safety and reducing time on-site
With less time on-site, less excavation and less aggregate needed, Tensar Technology can offer proven reductions in construction CO2 emissions compared to conventional methods. And the environmental benefits are even greater with the use of site-won recycled material stabilised with Tensar geogrids, as the structural fill can be reduced– not to mention the cost savings from not having to remove excavated material or use expensive, taxed aggregates.